Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Meditation



I am starting to prepare work on a new series.
This series will be about nature: her language, our perceptions, making connections.
In this early stage I am researching different ways to connect with nature.  Nature meditations.
I believe there must be a thousand ways to meditate....

This morning I walked into the forest with my camera. The ground is still covered with a thick layer of crunching snow so it gives the feeling of walking above the earth. I went in with a question: what do you want me to see?

Here were the answers she gave:

light


shadow


fragility


interconnection


curves
how things hang upon other things


simplicity
context
edges and texture

layers
the beginning of change



Not pictured here: an animal passed by just barely in my sight. It looked like a cat....a large cat. I had no idea that anything cat like passed through this forest. Mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment